Great read Bobby. Check out a snippet from Bobby Hundreds of The Hundreds latest feature for Hypebeast:
There are a myriad of reasons why streetwear’s numbers are declining:
- Kanye stopped wearing graphics, so the plastisol coated T-shirt – Streetwear’s core competency – vanished.
- We can blame the malls for homogenizing the product and diluting the artistic spirit.
- Joshy from Rebel8 decries, “Streetwear itself. Our small industry is not working together, but against each other. – When a brand goes on sale too frequently or for an extending period of time, it is not just the brand that suffers in the long term, but the entire industry.”
- The Internet, for lowering the barrier to entry.
- The Internet, for cannibalizing culture through hyper-accelerated trends.
Read full feature at Hypebeast.com